A Stoner Guide To Marijuana Packaging
Table Of Contents
With the industry constantly growing, it has become imperative for new users to learn about the best ways to pack and store marijuana. This is applicable for those who buy cannabis products from the dispensaries as well as those enthusiasts who would like to grow cannabis at home.
Without proper packaging, it would be difficult to store cannabis for the
The History of Cannabis Packaging
In the 1800s, the companies dealing in cannabis manufacturing mostly used airtight tin containers to keep cannabis. This was used to thwart the entry of air and sunlight. In the 1900s, apothecaries sold and distributed cannabis in the USA. They made use of ceramic jars to keep the substance afresh.
Learning the Ways to Keep Cannabis Fresh
No matter if you use cannabis to heal certain ailments or want it for recreation, it is necessary to know how to store it safely. It is important to learn about aspects like light, temperature, humidity. Cannabis needs to be kept away from direct sunlight and excess moisture can also shorten its lifespan.
Moisture can pave the way to mold and mildew formation. Extreme temperature variation is also detrimental to its longevity. Exposure to air will make cannabis lose its aroma. Ideally, a relative humidity level of 62% is deemed perfect for storing cannabis.
How you Should Store Cannabis
Nowadays, the majority of cannabis users resort to storing the substance in airtight glass jars or bottles. These jars can be bought from nearby hardware or grocery stores. A glass jar with a lid will be good for cannabis storage. The glass mason jars do not get affected much by residual humidity and temperature fluctuations. Another good thing is that the glass does not secrete chemical compounds that can interfere with the aroma of the stored cannabis.
However, it is not advisable to buy transparent glass jars to store cannabis. You should buy tinted or dark glass jars for the best results. You may also opt for titanium airtight containers if the glass is not available. Ensure there is not much empty space inside the jar as this will let air and humidity seep in gradually.
It is also necessary that you store cannabis at a suitable place in the home. Keeping it in a kitchen or a place where it can be easily found is not a suitable idea, more so if you have playful kids at home. Even pets can get attracted by the aroma sometimes. Choose a wardrobe or cabinet that can’t be easily accessed by children or pets. The place must be cool and dry.
Things That you Should not do
Now that you know how and where to store cannabis, it is time you know a few things that you should not do!
- Do not leave the jar, containing cannabis buds or products, without a lid so that it is not exposed to air for a long time.
- Do not keep the cannabis jar or bottle near any heat source when using it.
- Do not keep it near the sink or any humid place for long.
- It is not a good idea to store the cannabis jar inside the refrigerator either.
- There are conflicting resources on the viability of keeping fruit peels inside the cannabis jar to add flavor. It would be best not to do so. This can add a risk of mold formation and the original flavor of cannabis can alter to an extent.
- Do not ever store cannabis in regular plastic bags. These bags cannot keep heat, light, humidity away from cannabis.